Thursday, January 1, 2009

More complete

I really have been working on things even though I haven't been posting about them. Here are my updates of the things I've been accomplishing!

  1. Have a bra fitting - my sisters, mother and I all went to a little undergarment shop downtown a few months ago. I didn't actually agree with what they sized me at, but it got me close enough to decide what size made me most comfortable.
  2. Grow my hair out so it reaches the middle of my back - I did it! I just recently got it trimmed (and recolored) and I'm glad. It definitely needed the trim. I haven't decided what I'm going to do to it next, but I am glad this most recent trim included an addition of bangs!
  3. I made Christmas cookies this year. YUM! We did it for our reindeer party and it was a lot of fun - well, both the cookies and the party were a lot of fun! I see so many beautiful cookie designs and I'd like to try that sometime, but when you have to make 12 dozen cookies, just getting them done is sufficient!
  4. Make homemade salsa - Late this summer I made homemade salsa out of veggies from our garden, no less! It was delicious, although not as sweet as store-bought salsa. Something to get used to!
  5. Bake a cake for someone who has hurt me - Done. It was an interesting experience. I had to really focus on not doing it sloppily, and to really put myself in it. I can't say I had the best attitude through the whole experience, but I can say I did it and it was a valuable experience for me.
  6. Have family photos done - we did this as part of Mom's Christmas present. The results are adorable, and it's nice to have them updated!
  7. Take a yoga class - I attended a Kripalu yoga class with a yoga teacher in Racine. It was okay. They really lobbied hard to get me to commit to coming back. But I much prefer some sort of hatha yoga, and I don't want to be locked into anything. It was a lot of fun, but definitely not my thing.
  8. Buy a beautiful bra in my correct size - done. Nuff said.

0 comments: