Friday, August 7, 2009

Almost Halfway Point - Reassessments

So I'm almost half-way through this project and haven't made very good progress! lol In examining my list, I've realized that some of my originally-established goals are either not possible or are things that aren't that important to me after all. Go figure. So I've decided to adjust my list of goals slightly. These are the goals I'm removing:

  • Places to Visit #2 and #10 - These are basically the same goal, so I'm combining them into one
  • Places to Visit #3 - After we went downtown for a different festival and there was a shooting outside the bar we were in, I vowed I would never go downtown for such an event again unless I thought my life would end if I didn't go. Summerfest doesn't fall in this category. I'm removing this goal.
  • Household Stuff #6 - I looked into moving the peonies, but what I read said that basically peonies are immovable. I've decided to leave them where they are.
  • Household Stuff #7 - Given the fact that we turned half our backyard into an actual garden, I have no remaining space in which to try square foot gardening. I'm removing this goal.
  • Volunteerism #1 - This is basically the same goal as Finances #5. I'm combining these goals.
  • Content to Consume #1, #2, and #5 - I really don't care about these anymore. I'll be replacing these.
  • Business Category - I'm removing all three of these. It's not that I don't want to accomplish these goals; it's more that I'm not sure where I want to go professionally, and I certainly know I won't be arriving at my destination in the next 500 days. I'll be replacing these.
So by my count, I'm eliminating 11 goals. So I need to come up with 11 more. I used Amanda's blog for some inspirations (and I almost directly stole a few ideas from her because they sounded perfect)! :)

Yikes!

1. Cut my hair short
2. Do another "no spend" month
3. Don't eat out for one month
4. Get rid of non-sentimental baby clothes
5. Get a tattoo
6. Take the train to Chicago
7. Take Gabe on an "adventure" everyday for a month
8. Decide what I want to do professionally... or when I grow up ;)
9. Have a picnic lunch or dinner at a local park
10. Try 5 new non-chain restaurants
11. Start a journal of some of my favorite childhood memories

1 comments:

cathy said...

i love that you list your goals, what a really neat idea!
did you get that tattoo yet?
if so what was it?
crazy but i love tattoos, just cant afford them.
have a beautiful and blessed day my freind.